Press Release (October 17, 2017)
The Board of Education of Salida School District R-32-J reminds all voters in the Salida School District of the upcoming election. Ballots should be arriving in the mail soon. In 2015 voters changed the representation boundaries for the Salida School Board and this is the first election to reflect those changes. There are now five director districts and two “at large” seats. Two seats are not up for election until 2019.
The November 2017 election will have three unopposed seats-
Kyle Earhart- District 5 (4 years) Unopposed
Cheri Post- District 3 (4 years) Unopposed
Penny Wilken- District 1 (2 years) Unopposed
The at large seat is a race between Lori Isenberger and Jeannie Peters. This is a 4 year term.
All electors in the Salida School District can vote for each director seat.
The Board of Education of Salida School District R-32-J is anticipating a vacancy on the Board of Education after the November 7, 2017 election. In accordance with state law, the Board will declare a vacancy in school director district 4 at the Regular Meeting on November 14, 2017.
1. Interested persons are invited to send an application to the Board of Education c/o Board Secretary Brandy Coscarella with a statement of interest and qualifications by October 30, 2017.
2. The Board will interview prospective candidates on November 14, 2017 at a public meeting.
3. To be eligible for appointment, a candidate must reside in the director district that the applicant is seeking (i.e. Salida School District 4), and must have been a registered elector of the Salida School District for at least twelve consecutive months prior to the date of appointment.
4. The appointee will serve until the next regular school biennial election in November 2019.
5. The Board of Education plans to appoint persons to fill this vacancy at its Regular Meeting scheduled on December 12, 2017. This Appointee will be eligible to attend the Colorado Association of School Boards conference Nov 30-Dec 2, 2017.
Board of Education Vacancy Application packets are to be turned in to Brandy Coscarella, School Board Secretary/ 349 E 9th St/ Salida CO 81201. Interested candidates must complete an application that consists of a letter of interest, resume, and a list of three references. The application must be received in the office of the Secretary to the Board of Education by 4:00 p.m., October 30, 2017.