The Salida School District will be conducting an emergency drill on the afternoon of Thursday August 31. This drill will allow the schools, with the cooperation of local law enforcement, emergency services, and partners to exercise our emergency preparedness. In order to accomplish this, the School District will dismiss students at noon following a sack lunch.
The Salida School District acknowledges this may cause an inconvenience to parents with the early release. Please accept our apologies in advance. This drill is important to the future safety of our staff and students. It is our hope that your family will use this as an opportunity to think about your reactions in the case of an emergency- how you will communicate, where students can expect to go and where can you go for information? The School District will communicate with parents utilizing our reverse Shoutpoint Infinite Campus System prior to the event. During an event the District will utilize www.salidaschools.com web banners, in addition to press releases to local media outlets. Please make sure your information (email and phone numbers) are current in the student information system.
Please note these important items for August 31st:
- Students will be released at 11:45am that day. Only athletic access at SHS will be allowed that evening after 4- the rest of the building will reopen the next day.
- Buses will run normal routes. All other students must be picked up or otherwise accommodated by parents as soon as possible on Thursday- the drill will begin promptly at 12:20.
- You will see emergency responders in the area of the school on that day- you may hear and see things related to the drill. Do not call 911 to report these.
- There will be a community Question and Answer session on Wednesday August 30th from 4-5pm at the SHS Auditorium.
- A phone number for additional information will be established at 719-530-5222. This will be an updated recording in the event of emergencies.
Thank you for your support and continued cooperation as the Salida School District exercises the emergency response system!